DHTML Slide Show Script
Description: If you ever need a manual slide show script, this is the one to use. We designed it to be highly versatile, lightweight, and functional in all browsers, even NS 3. Here are some attributes of this lively DHTML slideshow script:
- Slideshow works in all NS 3+ and IE 4+ browsers (yes, that includes NS 6 as well)
- Script can be set so each image is clickable with it's own unique URL (through the toggling of a single variable)
- All images in the slideshow are automatically preloaded on page load to ensure a smooth transition between image changes.
- Script displays in the status bar which image the user is currently viewing (image #)
- IE 4+ users will see a special random effect applied to the show during each image slide
Step 1: Add the below into the <head> section of your page:
Step 2: Insert the following where you wish the slideshow to appear in the BODY:
There are a few variables you'll need to define. Please refer to documentation inside the script.