CSS Library: Horizontal CSS Menus: Here
Ultimate CSS Drop Down Menu
- Item 1
- Folder 1
- Folder 2
- Item 3
- Folder 3
Author: Dynamic Drive
- Unlimited levels of sub menus
- When the browser width is sufficiently small, top menu items close to the right edge have their sub menus drop down to the left instead of right (using CSS Media Queries).
- On mobile and small browser windows, sub menus expand to the width of the viewport (using CSS Media Queries).
- The currently active parent menu item(s) are highlighted with a background color.
- Menu items with sub menus display a down or right arrow without images (using CSS pseudo class).
- CSS3 powered, smooth transitions between drop downs.
- Works in IE 8+ and mobile devices reasonably well.
Help Ultimate CSS Drop Down Menu live up to its name. Please share your comments below on what works, what doesn't, and how it could be improved.
the HTML markup how the menu header links (those that lead to a drop down) use
href" value. This is
primarily to prevent touch screen devices from navigating to another page when
the user taps on the header, instead of revealing a drop down menu.