Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scrollbars

Thanks

Default scrollbars

Is there any way of hiding the scrollbars in a window.

Thanks

I’ve got a few things on the go right now but YES you can hide the scroll bar.
    If you haven’t figured it out by the time I get back I’ll show you. God willing of course!
    "Only dead fish flow with the stream".
    - Unknown

Thanks

It's a really bad idea.
    If you don't want scrollbars, limit the size of your page.

the scrollbars are a functionality issue... they serve a purpose. They aren't graphics for you to play with.

That's like disabling the mouse cursor when it's above your page. It doesn't help and just makes things weird.

Maybe you've got a special case, though.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

actualy I do have a special case. please tell me how. the only thing I found was the colors. and I tried changing it to the back. color.

Thanks

Okay, place the following in the <head> section of your page.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    /****************************************************
    Author: Eric King
    Url: http://redrival.com/eak/index.shtml
    This script is free to use as long as this info is left in
    Featured on Dynamic Drive script library (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)
    ****************************************************/
    var win=null;
    function NewWindow(mypage,myname,w,h,scroll,pos){
    if(pos=="random"){LeftPosition=(screen.width)?Math.floor(Math.random()*(screen.width-w)):100;TopPosition=(screen.height)?Math.floor(Math.random()*((screen.height-h)-75)):100;}
    if(pos=="center"){LeftPosition=(screen.width)?(screen.width-w)/2:100;TopPosition=(screen.height)?(screen.height-h)/2:100;}
    else if((pos!="center" && pos!="random") || pos==null){LeftPosition=0;TopPosition=20}
    settings='width='+w+',height='+h+',top='+TopPosition+',left='+LeftPosition+',scrollbars='+scroll+',location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,re sizable=no';
    win=window.open(mypage,myname,settings);}
    // -->
    </script>

And use the following as your link. (Edit the size of the page and URL)

<a href="http://www.google.com#CLICK HERE" onclick="NewWindow(this.href,'','1024','600','yes','top');return false" onfocus="this.blur()">Click Here</a>

Hope that's what you're looking for.
    - Unknown

Thanks

Or, a much more simple way put this:

Code:
    <a href = "http://www.google.com#CLICK HERE" onclick="window.open(this.href,'mywindow','width=1024;height=600;scrollbars=no');return false;">My Link</a>

Thanks

Doesn't seem to work using Mozilla or Safari. Used that text directly, didn't change much... maybe there's something that I needed to customize.

Also, that's for a popup.

I believe the question is to change the current window (or set it in the first place.)

This would probably be more of a CSS question than javascript, though I'm not sure.

Also, from what I know JS can only close a window it opened. In the same sense, I doubt that you can change the properties of a window that the js didn't open.
    Might be wrong, though, but I've heard of this, or at least very similar situations in which it's been said to be a security issue, and disabled.... I bet it's the same here.

However, if you're talking about frames (as some of your other threads have hinted), I believe that you can specify scrolling:no, in the css for that frame... but.. that may be wrong syntax... I've just seen it in passing.

And... what is your "special case" that causes you to need to change how browsers work?
    No matter what you're doing, the visitor should still be able to scroll the page... that's kinda the point.
    but... maybe you've got a good reason... not saying you don't, but just that generally, it's not a good reason to change how the browser functions.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

The best way is to put up a div <div id="mydiv"></div> with styles as follows:

Code:
    #mydiv{
    height: 100%;
    width: 100%;
    overflow: hidden;
    }
    and to place all the contents inside the div :

Code:
    <div id="mydiv">
    Some content ...
    <some table>
    and blah blah blah
    </div>
    and to put some script like this (if you want to scroll) http://dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/scro...lable_div.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tech_support
    Or, a much more simple way put this:

Code:
    <a href = "http://www.google.com#CLICK HERE" onclick="window.open(this.href,'mywindow','width=1024;height=600;scrollbars=no');return false;">My Link</a>
    Actually without the rest of the script it doesn't work. At least not in IE.
    - Unknown

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The spaces around the = sign probably don't help.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!