Thread: Referring page in sized window

Thanks

Cool Referring page in sized window

I know there is javascript that will refer a user to another page and there is separate javascript that will open a page in a preset window size from a link. But is there javascript out there that will do both. Another words, is there javascript available that when a user lands on a particular page, that it will automatically refer the user to another page and at the same time open up this second page in a smaller window. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes but, I am not aware of any way to do it that wouldn't activate most pop up blockers.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

to refresh the smaller page from that same smaller page, you could do this:

Code:
    window.location=window.location;

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Not what the OP asked for. And you should use window.location.href for that.
    A simple:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    window.open("newpage.html", "", "width=100,height=100");
    </script>
    will do that, but as John said, most popup blockers will stop it.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cybercoder
    to refresh the smaller page from that same smaller page, you could do this:

Code:
    window.location=window.location;
    This will result in an endless loop of refreshing. Cybercoder, why not either give more complete information or just go away and do something else? And before you accuse me of insulting you again, remember that you started it with your completely inane response to my "Validate This!" thread.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Which isn't this one. Please don't carry greivances between threads.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    Which isn't this one. Please don't carry greivances between threads.
    Good point, but I corrected cybercoder elsewhere as well and cybercoder started in with that 'insult' nonsense again, I guess I'm a tad sensitive. I shall restrain myself in future unless cybercoder brings it up again.

I still think it is a very bad idea to give advice that will cause an endless loop as cybercoder's will.
    - John

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It is, especially without a warning.
    I spelt "grievances" wrong, in just about the stupidest manner I can think of. (shakes head sadly)