Thread: IFRAME SSI Troubles.

Thanks

Default IFRAME SSI Troubles.

According to the script, it has been updated to fix the height issues with Firefox. However when I try to use it with FF 1.5.0.3 the height is very small. Works fine with IE.

Test page:
    http://www.350z-tech.com/test.html

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've worked out a totally different solution:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/iframe_test.htm

The script is linked to the pages that go in the iframe. Use your browser's view source to see the iframe pages' source as well as the top page's.

Here is a link to the script itself:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/rzPIframe.js
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Looks like your test page has other problems as well. Like the pages linked to the contained page seem to have 'break out of frames' code on them. In any case, I couldn't really test your test as clicking on a link made the iframe page go away.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks. I could not get your script to work either. I am including a mediawiki page into an iframe. It works in IE, but not FF. So I need to know how I can get it to work under FF and I will be set.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I was afraid of something like that but didn't say anything as I wasn't sure, I still am not. I am assuming you mean a Wikipedia page.

You see, it doesn't matter what script you use, an iframe's content's properties cannot be accessed across two domains for the type of information required to accomplish this. Any apparent 'working in IE' is just a coincidence. The script had nothing to do with it.

Incidentally, if you mean Wikipedia, you could not have tried my script properly as it requires code be placed on the contained page and I doubt that you have that kind of access to the Wikipedia page you are linking to.
    - John

Thanks

The wiki is hosted on my domain. So the iframes are pulling from the same domain as the call page.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You learn something new every day, what exactly is a wiki then and how does it differ from an ordinary page? Might not matter.

Your page that you are loading into the iframe is not a valid HTML page. It has no html, head or body tags. You could change this line:

Code:
    dyniframe[i].height = dyniframe[i].contentDocument.body.offsetHeight+FFextraHeight;
    to:

Code:
    dyniframe[i].height = dyniframe[i].contentDocument.body.firstChild.offsetHeight+FFextraHeight;
    and it might take care of it. Best thing is to have a valid document to load into the iframe.
    - John

Thanks

From what I know, John, wiki is just like wikipedia... a user-generated thing that expands with input.
    Wikipedia is just a bunch of code, and the user submissions make the entries and the site work.
    It's all automated.

Not sure if that's what this is... but that's a good guess, I'd say.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum