Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Print Screen

Thanks

Question Print Screen

Hi,
    is there a way to make a printscreen from a webpage.

We are making a study on birds and need to save radar images every hour. That page is changing every 15 minutes and we cannot just save the page to a file.

What we need is an image from the page to be saved on our computer. I thought making a webpage with a script that would save the screen, but I dont know how to do it.

Thanks for any help

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is this your webpage or someone else's? Can you modify it? What software is the server using? Will anyone other than you need to access this page?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Doing that without having to click a button is tough. HOWEVER!

There is a program that does such a thing. You can download it here:

Time captrue software

They also have other software and in packages, including AVI-video capturing!

Most of these are shareware, so if you don't want to pay, or are using it only for a limited time, you may get away with it. But if this is long term then buying one of the packages might just be your thing.

View Packages and Prices

I found this with a quick Google search, there may be open source/freeware ones also... but don't count on it... finding an automatic screen capture program was already tough! LOL
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Hi... you could try a tool called PrintKey2000 which is a free download.... it's a great little tool with a lot of features etc.. enjoy
    Very Best Rgds, Simonf :cool:

Thanks

Default re print screen

I have done a webpage in a frame on my computer which updates itself every 15 minutes. Now I want to save that page every hour, 24/24 for about 14 weeks in spring and in autumn for a scientific bird study.

Of course I dont have a budget for buying any software. This is why I need to get a free script to save this webpage every hour.

Yes, the page is on my own computer and I will be the only one to visit that page. But if I put it on my server anyone could visit the page.

Thanks
    Guy

Thanks
    Blog Entries

A script that has recently been brought to my attention, html2jpg, as part of a script (or, preferably, as a cron job) will do what you want. It requires a UNIX-based operating system running X11, with Mozilla installed.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

my computer runs on w2000

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm. You could try Cygwin.
    Why is it that saving a copy of the page to hard drive won't suffice?

Thanks

Twey, that's all what I need, a copy of the page on my computor every hour. But every hour, the script has to save the page with a different filename.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is it just this dynamically-generated image you need, or the whole page? And this image, it's always at the same URL?