Thread: Now what about fading text ...?

Thanks

Default Now what about fading text ...?

This is more of help needed with a new script, rather than help needed with an existing one, but this function is so lacking in relation to modern browsers that I ought to at least have it noted that its kind is missing.

Acejs.com have a script called text fader. Basically, like the DD Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow, it fades - but this time fades TEXT. Yes, this can be accomplished with Slideshow using text images, but if you want the text to be large, it adds a lot of weight to the page. The Ace script works fine on older browsers including IE6, but they have admitted it needs to be rewritten for newer DOMs. With IE7 just down the line, it's likely the one remaining major browser on which it works will quickly be superseded.

If there's anyone out there who can produce something similar, which is accessible, standards compliant and works in the likes of IE7, Firefox and Opera, it will prevent one of my projects from going out without one of its planned features. I'm fairly confident there's nothing on the web created within the ast coupld of years that does this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

http://www.twey.co.uk/fading/ will fade any element.
    The only catch is that for it to work on text in IE, thanks to Microsoft's filters system, the textual element has to have a defined size. It also looks rubbish if you don't set a background colour.

If you don't specify them, the script will set width:100% and background-color:white automatically in IE.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!