Advanced Search

Thread: AnyLink Menus

Thanks

Default AnyLink Menus

I'd like to use both the AnyLink horizontal and vertical menus on the same page, but noticed that they both use the same div tag names and array names. I assume this won't work if I try this.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 3,096 Posts
    Blog Entries

Change them and any references to them in one of the scripts. Also, if there are any other shared items like global variable names, global function names, etc., if these are different and/or are altered by their script, these must be given new names in the altered script, if some of these are identical in value and use and their use won't conflict with the other script, the second one on the page could alternatively be removed. Safest to just make uniquely named ones though.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I've implemented both, the HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL AnyLink navigation items and both work great, with one exception. On the horizontal navigation, I have five buttons that drop-down, the four on the left work fine, the drop-down for the fifth (far right) appears two buttons to the left. Here are the scripts:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nkvertical.htm

Here's a SS:

All vertical navigation works fine too. Both hor and vert nav use rollover images, which also work. So...what should I look for to fix this fifth button and drop-down not lining up properly?

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance,
    Ron
    Last edited by RON8O; 02-01-2007 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks

Default Problem solved!

I separated the horizontal and vertical navigation JavaScript into separate files (topnav.js and leftnav.js).

I had to go through each of the files and remove all of the duplicate items (functions) one at a time from the leftnav.js, then tested each and every removal. Some code stayed removed, and some (if removed) broke the left navigation JavaScript menu. The code that (when removed) broke the nav was put back, saved and tested.

This worked for me!