Thread: Auto Page Refresh

Thanks

Default Auto Page Refresh

Hi,

Could anyone please suggest how I might implement a page refresh - based on a predefined interval?
    I don't need the user to see a countdown or anything like that - just purely something that forces a refresh...?

Thanks in advance,

N.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NGJ
    Could anyone please suggest how I might implement a page refresh - based on a predefined interval?
    Automatic refreshes are a Bad Thing, and it's most certainly annoying to interrupted whilst in the middle of doing something. However, where supported, you can use a meta refresh.

Mike

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Perhaps we should go deeper here, and ask why you want to use it, and possibly suggest an alternative solution.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Yes - understand where you're coming from re: cutting somebody off in their prime...!

I have a resource of various html-based (basic) applications on our company intranet. These are all accessed, initially, via a main menu. I often tweak and tune various bits of content throughout the day. What I'd like to do is force a refresh, periodically, that would cause the users to pick up the latest version. The 'refreshed' piece would only be applied to the main menu - to ensure that the latest version, of any of the app's, is called.

Cheers,

N.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I see. So you plan to put this menu in a frame or iframe?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Yes - it's currently in a FRAME.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You're right to do this, then. Meta refresh is the way to go.

Thanks

Sorted.... thank you.

Q> Out of curiosity, is there a way of specifying the refresh time in minutes (or hours) rather than just in seconds?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No. Multiply.