Thread: Page Scroller (aka Custom Scrollbar)

Thanks

Default Page Scroller (aka Custom Scrollbar)

I'm using the Page Scroller to control scrolling in a frame. In Netscape (7.2) if I happen to click on one of the arrows, I get the following javascript error:

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method Location.toString

This does not happen if I use IE. How can I get rid of this error in Netscape?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Use window.location.href rather than window.location.toString().
    Note that it's a property, not a method, and it's lowercase.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Twey.

I'm confused, there is no window.location.toString() property in the script. Are we looking at the same one (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...scroller.htm)?

Thanks

Twey,

I figured out what the problem was. What, not why. Apparently, the developer didn't put an argument following the "href="javascript:" definition of the anchor tags. It appears that this was done so that when the cursor was placed over one of the scroll arrows, it did not change to a "link cursor". By including the argument "scrollwindow()" to the href definition, the script works fine.

Of course, the cursor changes, but hey.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Are we looking at the same one?
    Almost certainly not. That's why you should post a link to the script you're talking about.
    I just offered a generic answer.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!