Thread: LIGHTBOX 2 close action

Thanks

Red face LIGHTBOX 2 close action

Hi Again!
    What code do you use to get the close action on the full size image so the viewer can go back to the gallery? Lightbox 2: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...box2/index.htm
    Here are the 2 sample images I am using to learn this script: http://nwchristiancowboys.com/lite.html
    Once I get that figured out then I will create my "real gallery"
    TIA
    Susan
    Last edited by cowgurl; 04-29-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format for asking a question.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Code:
    myLightbox.end();
    This function is already run if one clicks on the close image image, clicks above or below the image box, or if one hits the x, c or o keys.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thank you, John
    How about on the demo page:http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...box2/index.htm
    when you open the daisy image, it has the word close and a X at the bottom right, how is this done?
    Susan

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's an image, configured in the lightbox.js file. Open that one up in a text editor and scroll down until you see:

Code:
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//
    //	Configuration
    //
    var fileLoadingImage = "images/loading.gif";		
    var fileBottomNavCloseImage = "images/closelabel.gif";

var resizeSpeed = 7;	// controls the speed of the image resizing (1=slowest and 10=fastest)

var borderSize = 10;	//if you adjust the padding in the CSS, you will need to update this variable

// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's where you can set the path to your loading and closing (red in the above) images, as well as those two other variables for speed and border.

If you want to use the one from the demo, you can copy it from here (right click on the image and choose 'save as'):

Here's the one for loading, if you want that one too.

BTW, these and other images used by the default version of the script are in the distribution archive Lightbox V2, as mentioned and available on the demo page.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate