Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to send orders from webshop to fax

Thanks

Sorry to confuse you my english isn't very good...
    i will try to explain the project-
    a mate and i are working on a system where small supermarkets can sign up for a free webshop. Therefore i need a script or program which can handle the orders from the different webshops. All of the orders will go through our system, to the correct supermarket, by fax.
    I hope im not confusing even more but so far- thank you very much for your help

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes, my suggestion should serve.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Ok. Now I get it.

Not to be simplistic, but why not just have it print, then they can fax it to whoever they want?
    Or it gets sent to you as html or something, then you can fax.

There are also things like efax.com, but I think that's more for getting faxes than sending... might send too, though

Basically.... you should still deal with getting the info through php or whatever you want, but then should move to something better for the faxing.
    Use a local program connected to your fax to send out all of the (for lack of a better term) attachments you recieve.

Or... go ahead and try to program it through php, but then you've got a bunch of faxes coming through that you aren't monitoring (or if you are, wouldn't be any less easy than if you just did it by hand anyway)

Interesting, though... I'll be curious to see how this turns out.

Thought: could you buy a fax/printer combo and somehow use that to your advantage? Maybe you could do something easy to reprogram it, or maybe there's a default setting. Or just write a totally new thing, but at least it would already be recieving a signal from the computer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

you've got a bunch of faxes coming through
    The OP does not wish to receive faxes.
    Thought: could you buy a fax/printer combo and somehow use that to your advantage? Maybe you could do something easy to reprogram it, or maybe there's a default setting. Or just write a totally new thing, but at least it would already be recieving a signal from the computer.
    ... what? How would a fax/printer combo allow him/her to write a program to send data via fax?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

The OP does not wish to receive faxes.
    Yeah... I meant traveling through his fax line.

Well... I dunno. But a fax/printer combo would be connected to the computer. Surely there's some type of communication language between the two, and all you'd have to do is fake it til it sends a fax instead of printing... its just a different button the machine, and, therefore, a different command. Might also have some type of default thing already setup.
    I'm not seeing this as an easy fix... so... something's gotta be a starting point, even if it's not great.

Note: mentioend efax before.... http://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/page...&CMP=OTC-us_ca
    See if you can figure out what system they're using. Might just be fax machines and scanners... but probly not.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm not seeing this as an easy fix... so... something's gotta be a starting point, even if it's not great.
    Or... rather than wasting time on that... one could just figure out the commands the fax drivers use.
    Still requires a lower-level language than PHP -- at least on Windows, where devices aren't so easily accessible to programs; on *n?x, of course, my solution will serve quite adequately -- and still requires a large investment of time. And I mean large. You're talking about the OP writing his/her own drivers. I don't think this is a viable option, really.

Thanks

Or... rather than wasting time on that... one could just figure out the commands the fax drivers use.
    Certainly. As long as it IS connected to the computer (which is why I said a printer combo... usb would come in handy), but, yeah, sure

Drivers vs. 'lower level language'.... whatever... not sure how well either will work... but... still will be interested to see what happens

Thanks

Yes, You can send faxes from PHP..
    But you cant do it with only PHP. You need a 3rd party fax application.

A few months ago, it was a big problem for me .
    Finally i developped a fax application called FaxCarrier that can connect your web site with Http protocol.
    And I used this application for a lot of customers.

The main idea is easy.
    Run FaxCarrier on a windows machine which has a traditional fax modem device and internet connection. After a small configuration, you can start to send faxes from your web site.

For more information you can send me an email or you can visit my web site.
    I can send you code samples.

info@intelligentsoftwares.com
    www.intelligentsoftwares.com/FaxCarrierEn.asp

Thanks

Are you offering it as freeware/shareware? Care to post here? I'm interested
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Certainly. As long as it IS connected to the computer
    Telnet would work.