Thread: Switch Content Script (I) and Cookie problem

Thanks

Default Switch Content Script (I) and Cookie problem

Script: Switch Content
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tchcontent.htm

I am using this script and the way I implemented it seems to work fine on Safari, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera (all on MacIntosh) but not in Firefox (on macintosh), not tested on PC at all yet.

So basically it works fine. BUT when i leave the page on the site that contains this script, and surf around on other parts of the site, and then returning to the script containing page the script first returns the content to its correct last state, and while the page is rendering in the browser (and i guess munching around on cookies) then suddenly contracts that state.

So I checked the cookies in the process of what described about and think there are 2 cookies involved in the script. The somehow change (at least one), containing "phpfirsttimeload" in it's name. Also I noticed that the names of those 2 cookies start with "/". I am no cookie expert, but i guess this is something that is about a cookie for ONLY this page, and not a sitewide cookie.

question now is: HOW TO MODIFY THE SCRIPT FOR A SITEWIDE COOKIE ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Firstly, does the same problem occur on the DD demo? Unfortunately it's very hard for me to test out this problem, as I don't have access to a Mac right now. I keep putting off buying a Mac lol.