Thread: Fold-out External Menu

Thanks

Question Fold-out External Menu

I'm using the fold-out external menu (LINK TO SCRIPT PAGE) and have had some users ask if the menu can be changed so that they have to click on it to open it and then stays open until they select a menu item. Basically they want click behavior not hover.

I've looked at the script so long my eyes are going buggy and I just can't see the forest for the trees. The answer is probably staring me in the face, but I just can't see it.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get this script to work as a click to slide out/in instead of the mouseover?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sure, just replace the default BODY tag inside your external menu file (ie: menu.htm), for example:

Code:
    <body onMouseover="if ((document.all||document.getElementById)&&window.parent.pull) window.parent.pull()"
    onMouseout="if ((document.all||document.getElementById)&&window.parent.pull) window.parent.draw()" topmargin="5" leftmargin="5"
    marginwidth="5" marginheight="5">
    to:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var currentmenustate="close"
    function showorhide(){
    if (currentmenustate=="close"){
    window.parent.pull() //open menu
    currentmenustate="open"
    }
    else{ //close menu
    window.parent.draw()
    currentmenustate="close"
    }
    }

</script>

<body onClick="showorhide()" topmargin="5" leftmargin="5"
    marginwidth="5" marginheight="5">

Thanks

Question Combine this Fold-out menu with the Floading Iframe?

I'm very happy with the fold-out menu (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...deinmenu4.htm). I'm wondering if the floating part of the floating iframe script (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...loatiframe.htm) can be combined with the fold-out (slide0in) menu so that it follows user down the page.

Thanks!