Thread: Help with chrome css

Thanks

Default Help with chrome css

Ok, I think I have it mostly right, but when you rollover my menus the dropdowns appear in odd places
    see www.bossfrog.com/bosstest.html

thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

This menu is so heavily dependant upon style that putting it inside of other elements that are also styled is a crap shoot. I am not affiliated with Dynamic Drive, but even if I were, this would not change the fact that I, personally, am about fed up with supporting this menu. You can try editing the script to place the drop downs in a different position but, this often varies from browser to browser and from window size to window size. You can change the styling of the container and/or the menu itself but, this usually has the same drawbacks as editing the code. My best advice is to either use this menu by itself, outside of anything else on your page except the body, or to use another menu.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks, I guess.... bummer I thought this might be a good solution

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

The main chrome DIV provides the anchor for where the drop down menus should be positioned underneath using, so unless you're putting the menu inside more unique set ups like a positioned DIV, it should work all the same.

Looking at the source of your page, I see an obvious error that should be fixed before any debugging can be done:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="chromestyledemo.css" />
    It references a non existent css file "chromestyledemo.css".