Thread: Memory Scroller & long textstring

Thanks

Exclamation Memory Scroller & long textstring

Memory Scroller
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ryscroller.htm

I used the memory scroller on a webpage and I put a long textstring in to display. I works just fine, speed, pauze, memory, etc. ... BUT ... I suddenly have a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of my page! I can slide it a long way to the right revealing absolutely nothing! When I put in a shorter textstring the scrollbar disapears.
    I can't find anything about a maximum size and I've tested this on several computers under different OS's.
    To test it I made a simple HTML-page with nothing but the Memory Scroller script, which I copied directly form DD, in the body. I only changed memorycontent, I put in a longer textstring. I tested this page again on several computers under different OS's and it gives me the same result everywhere ... a horizontal scrollbar!

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so. If I am, please tell me so I can adjust my webpage accordingly. Otherwise there is a bug in the script!

seloh

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wrap a division with position:relative;overflow:hidden around it:

Code:
    <div style="overflow:hidden;position:relative;">

script goes here

</div>
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

That did it!
    Thanks!

Thanks

I have a little problem with this script too.
    And in case you didn't know, your site (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ryscroller.htm) has the same problem too.

Using the browser everything is okay, but watching the scroller on my iPhone it doesn't show the end of the text.
    I already found the problem, but not the real solution.
    For now I've used a temporary solution, but that's not what I really want.

The problem: strings using tags, like <b>, <strong> <a href, are not fully shown.
    When I remove these tags the line is shown fully.

When you watch your site on a iPhone, the end of the text is not show, while its is shown completely on my laptop.