Advanced Search

Thread: Javascript causes a pause?

Thanks

Default Javascript causes a pause?

Hi.

I'm using the 'Auto resize iFrame' script for my new websites layout. My website is based around a radio, and the script I'm using causes the radio to pause whenever you click a link on the navigation, which targets the iFrame.

Not to long ago I also noticed that this also happens using pop-ups. For instance, if you click to open a popup, it will pause the radio.

My radio is playing in a simple windows media player object, using the code as follows:

HTML Code:
    <object classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" name="player" width="205" height="43" standby="Loading" CODEBASE="../CODEBASE=http:/activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,5,715">
        <param name="url" value="v3/images/players/windowsmediaplayerlinkfile.asx">
        <param name="autostart" value="-1">
        <param name="uimode" value="mini">
        <param name="rate" value="1">
    	<param name="balance" value="0">
    	<param name="currentPosition" value="0">
    	<param name="defaultFrame" value>
    	<param name="playCount" value="1">
    	<param name="currentMarker" value="0">
    	<param name="invokeURLs" value="-1">
    	<param name="baseURL" value>
    	<param name="volume" value="100">
    	<param name="mute" value="0">
    	<param name="stretchToFit" value="0">
    	<param name="windowlessVideo" value="0">
    	<param name="enabled" value="-1">
    	<param name="enableContextMenu" value="-1">
    	<param name="fullScreen" value="0">
    	<param name="SAMIStyle" value>
    	<param name="SAMILang" value>
    	<param name="SAMIFilename" value>
    	<param name="captioningID" value>
    	<param name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0">
        <embed src="v3/images/players/windowsmediaplayerlinkfile.asx" width="205" height="43" autostart="true" controls="playbutton" showstatusbar="false" url="http://www.bobblefm.co.uk/bobblefm.asx" autoplay="true" uimode="mini"></object>
    I think this might be a problem that any JavaScript code will cause. Does anyone know how to get around it?

Thanks
    Oli

Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 3,097 Posts
    Blog Entries

It may also happen whenever the browser is asked to stream audio and load content at the same time, such as loading a page into a frame or iframe using a normal non-script related targeted link. Check to make sure that is not the problem. If that is the problem, it has nothing to do with javascript. I know little about the Media Player but, if you could force it to add additional buffering, it might help.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

At first, I believed that you where right. But I no longer believe that is the reason, as when I use normal iFrames it works perfectly and the radio doesn't get interupted whatsoever.