Thread: PHP, download from any drive?

Thanks

Default PHP, download from any drive?

My friend scripted in php a well script that could enable to download from anydrive, even though the server root is on the C: drive. I was wondering if you had anything that resembles that, cause my friend won't give it to me and I've tried 3 hours of google searching T.T

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Just symlink (or the equivalent) the file to somewhere under the server root.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

symlink? o_O wth is dat @_@ lol, sorry I'm a little new to php =\

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Symbolic link. On *n?x systems, this would be how I'd do it, anyway. Since the option to follow symlinks exists in the Windows version of Apache, I presume there must be an equivalent. Perhaps making a shortcut?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Hmm shortcuts don't work =\, and I saw a function in php that's called Symlink, but don't quite know how to use it o_O
    Last edited by James-; 04-02-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    Since the option to follow symlinks exists in the Windows version of Apache, I presume there must be an equivalent. Perhaps making a shortcut?
    I wouldn't bet on it. Though shortcuts can be used like symlinks, it doesn't mean that Apache does.

An Apache alternative is to use the Alias directive. This maps a URL path to a directory. For example, with the directive:

Code:
    Alias /images "D:/My Images"
    a request for

http://www.example.com/images/foo.jpeg

would return the file,

D:\My Images\foo.jpeg

There are two things to note:

1. The Alias directive can only be used in the server configuration file, either as a global setting, or within a virtual host section. It cannot be used in access files (.htaccess).
    2. It may be necessary to explicitly grant access to an aliased directory. Continuing the previous example,

Code:
      <Directory "D:/My Images">
        Order Allow,Deny
        Allow from all
      </Directory>
    Mike

P.S. James, sorry for not following up to your other thread. I couldn't find it, for some reason, but it seems like you figured it out.

Thanks

yeah Apparently a typo makes a big diffrence at the end of doc_root -_-' lol....got an error with what you said then figured out that I had to add an empty folder with the same name hehe
    Last edited by James-; 04-03-2006 at 09:51 PM.