Thread: Unable to connect Brother laser printer to my wi-fi

Thanks

Default Unable to connect Brother laser printer to my wi-fi

Hi, this is hopeless, and I'm hoping that someone smarter than me will help.
    I've got a new Brother HL-1210W laser that I've been trying to link to my wi-fi. I use a Gen 2 Telstra Smart Modem. It tells you to connect via WPS or AOSS according to the instructions. I assume this is the 'Pair' button on the modem. For a couple of seconds, I click the 'Pair' button and then press the wi-fi button on the printer. For a good thirty seconds or so, both lights glow, then the printer prints a notification of a 'failed connection.'
    Essentially, the report simply says that a WLAN access point/router that has WPS or AOSS enabled can not be detected.
    I'm on Windows 10 and I tried to look at the settings of the modem, but I just don't know what I'm doing. I read that if I was on 5ghz, it might not connect, so I only allowed 2.4ghz (I guess), but it still didn't work.
    Tops would be any good, I just don't know what I'm doing. Uh, thanks
    Last edited by Areba21; 01-10-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Thanks

Hey,
    First, you should check that is even your router has WPS service started or not. If it's not started you should go and enable it first. After that you can try your phone to connect to wifi with WPS if it's connected then the issue is on the printer side.

Try this and let me know

Thanks

I also had to deal with such a situation, but in my case the whole problem was in the printer, see your settings in more detail.