Thread: HV Menu Mouse Out and Borders

Thanks

Default HV Menu Mouse Out and Borders

I've got an HV menu set up over a background image; I've got

var LowBgColor=''; // Background color when mouse is not over

and

var HighBgColor='#CACEC4'; // Background color when mouse is over

which is working just as I'd like. However, once I mouse over the menu item, the BgColor stays. Is there something I can put in so that the item goes back to transparent on the mouseout?

Also, and maybe this should be a separate topic, is there any customization available for the borders? I'd like to have top/bottom only dashed borders for the main menu, and a solid all-around border for the submenu. I can live without that, though, and maybe I have to - right now I've got no border, because if I have a border and a transparency as above, the entire menu area is the border color until I mouse over it.

Maybe an alternative for all of these issues would be if there is a way to have CSS override the menu....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

HV menu can be deceiving because when it says:

var LowBgColor=

It doesn't necessarily mean that it is going to adjust the background-color property in the strict sense of style. This is due to the way that the author chose to construct the menu, using background divisions sometimes, rather than a true background property. Nevertheless, you may have luck using:

var LowBgColor='transparent'

give it a shot.

As for your other question(s), no. No one I know of has figured out how to easily (or otherwise) modify the HV menu via css style although, there may be a way(s).
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

That did it, thanks! (I tried the 'transparent' but I think not with the border empty....)

I do see there's a border color option for the submenu that I missed in my earlier 1000-trials-induced haze so I can at least have no border on the main and a border on the sub - not exactly what I'd hoped for, but I can live with it.

Thanks again!