Thanks

Default floating images

DHTML being referenced:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/flyimage.htm

what I am using:
    Internet explorer 6.0.2800.11061S

Frontpage Express 2.0.2.11311

Newbie here -

Skills - know what HTML is and java script a little...

FTP stuff to my server no problem. Create simple web pages no problem

Hope I have the posting process down.

Really like the floating balloons, daughter loves the floating balloons. Want to appear the hero again in my childs eyes and be able to add the balloons to her web page etc.

I believe i am ok adding the floating balloons as gif files i.e. save picture as ...
    can upload them to server.

i copy the code that was given at the dymanic drive site re: the floating images. The first section insert after the <head> and then the second section after the <body> and outside the tags. I really dont do anything else to the script ie change the variables etc. I do substitue the dynamic drive path with the path to my server. And of course i upload the javascript moveobj.js to the server as a stand alone file. This all resides under one directory on the verizon server. Bring up the web page, i see the three balloons, and of course they are not moving. They just are stationary. When i go back into Front page express, the <DIV> sectionof the code is no longer showing in the page I uploaded. Any thoughts in this would be great. Can even paste the page from Front page express to show if steps being done correctly. Sorry for the long post.

Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

From your post it sounds like FP is mangling your code before you get a chance to upload it. Here is my standard blurb on that if in fact that is the problem:

Well, you might be able to configure FP so as to allow you to insert code like this without it mangling it so much. Read the manual or Google for help on that. Another alternative, and what I recommend in all cases like this, is to get your page looking like you want using FP but without any scripts. Save a copy of that somewhere to work on later if the need arises. Next open the page in notepad or simple text and add the scripts in according to the installation instructions, including any customization you've added. Never load this version of the page into FP ever again. To preview it locally, use the browser. To upload it, use FTP (preferred) or your host's online uploading tool.

Here is another solution I ran across* but, since I do not use FP, I haven't tested it:

In a text editor open the page whose code you wish to preserve.

At the beginning of the section of code you wish to prevent FrontPage from modifying, add the following line of code:

Code:
    <!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan --> 
    At the end of the code section, add the following line of code:

Code:
    <!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan --> 
    Save the changes to the file. The next time the file is opened in FrontPage, FrontPage will not attempt to alter the code between the two HTMLMarkup tags.

*Posted in these forums by usace-lrc and perhaps others.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 03-28-2006 at 04:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

it WORKS!..this is great!

thanks for the help. this is great stuff!