Thread: Anylink Drop Down Menu

Thanks

Default Anylink Drop Down Menu

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

Hi there I was wondering if it was possible to invert the drop down so that on mouse over the menu goes up instead of down thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Code:
    <a href="default.htm" onClick="return clickreturnvalue()" onmouseout="dropdownmenu(this, event, menu1, '150px')" onmouseover="delayhidemenu()">Web Design</a> |
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think Alex ZG means make the drop down a drop up (above the triggering link). Do you, Alex ZG? It already will do that if the trigger is too close to the bottom of the page (from function clearbrowseredge(obj, whichedge), near that function's end):

Code:
    if (windowedge-dropmenuobj.y < dropmenuobj.contentmeasure){ //move up?
    edgeoffset=dropmenuobj.contentmeasure+obj.offsetHeight
    if ((dropmenuobj.y-topedge)<dropmenuobj.contentmeasure) //up no good either?
    edgeoffset=dropmenuobj.y+obj.offsetHeight-topedge
    }
    Find the above code and change it to (remove all red parts from the above, including the trailing bracket):

Code:
    edgeoffset=dropmenuobj.contentmeasure+obj.offsetHeight
    if ((dropmenuobj.y-topedge)<dropmenuobj.contentmeasure) //up no good either?
    edgeoffset=dropmenuobj.y+obj.offsetHeight-topedge
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Hi, new to this site so hope this post isn't in the wrong spot.
    New to java too. I've been trying to 'outsource' my website code so I can change things in one place and have it changed on all relevant pages at the same time - like if I add a menu selection. I used the Any Link Drop Down Menu code which works well but not if the menu bar I have for the site is in document.writeln('

If I add the two to the same script it says it "expects )" and if I have them separately it doesn't read it at all.

Not too good at explaining myself, hope that made sense. If it doesn't let me know and I'll try and clarify.

Thanks for reading!
    e

Thanks

Default Thanks John

Thanks so much John it works like a charm,
    sorry i didn't respond earlier!

Thanks again

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It doesn't.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    It doesn't.
    What doesn't what?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bsheets
    Not too good at explaining myself, hope that made sense. If it doesn't let me know and I'll try and clarify.
    That

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twey
    Originally Posted by bsheets
    That
    Me either.

Except that it sounds like malformed document.writeln('string') method to me.
    - John