Thread: Page Footer and Header

Thanks

Default Page Footer and Header

Hi Everybody!

I've got a question for us...

Does anybody know how to eliminate all information that Microsoft Internet Explorer prints in each page on the footer and the header throu a JavaScript or CSS without using any kind of external control or setting up the page setup in the menu?

Thank you guys for your time! Greetings.

turik

Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 Times in 3,157 Posts
    Blog Entries

Unless you are talking about saving pages in IE, I am not aware of IE doing anything like what you are talking about. If you are talking about IE's 'save page as' option, I didn't even know it could be configured. That would be the way to go as any javascript or css solution wouldn't alter the page's code and in the case of javascript, would do nothing if javascript were turned off. If you are talking about something else, please explain in more detail.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Unless you are talking about saving pages in IE
    Quote Originally Posted by turik
    information that Microsoft Internet Explorer prints in each page on the footer and the header
    I think he means literally prints. To paper.
    Turik: No, this is not possible.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1
    Unless you are talking about saving pages in IE, I am not aware of IE doing anything like what you are talking about. If you are talking about IE's 'save page as' option, I didn't even know it could be configured. That would be the way to go as any javascript or css solution wouldn't alter the page's code and in the case of javascript, would do nothing if javascript were turned off. If you are talking about something else, please explain in more detail.
    As Twey said I'd like not to print all information IE print on the header and the footer of the page and not in the html code ( with the option File > Print ).

Quote Originally Posted by john
    I think he means literally prints. To paper.
    Turik: No, this is not possible.
    Well, I think in DHTML is it possible but I am not pretty sure about that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Trust me, it isn't
    And... he's John, not me
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 Times in 3,157 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate