Thread: CMotion and IE

Thanks

Unhappy CMotion and IE

Hi!
    LOVE your CMotion script!!!!
    I'm having a bit of a problem, though, and I was wondering if anyone could help.
    I want to use the CMotion script along with another script I found. My test case worked fine in FF and IE 6

http://www.tophatdesignworks.com/dev/gallery.html

I wasn't concerned about the layout or styling...just trying to make sure both scripts were playing nice together. (Which they do here.)

Then I started developing the actual page, and I wanted to place the motion container inside a few nests for symantic and layout reasons (motioncontainer is nested in side 4 divs...trust me, it's gotta be that way).

http://www.tophatdesignworks.com/gallery/newindex.php
    The scroller works in FF but now doesn't scroll in IE.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Code:
    #wrapper {position: relative; margin: 10px 0 10px 0;}
    #content {position: relative; width: 770px; margin: 0; border: 5px solid black; background: #FDFDE0;}
    The combination of negative and percentage margins that the above replaces is the problem.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Hey! Thanks for the quick response!

I need to keep the percentage and nagative margins for my layout to work properly. Is there anyway to change the javascript or any part of CMotion to make it work without changing my layout and styling?

Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Layout looked fine to me without it.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Well whaddaya know?!?!?!
    I generally have had to use that percentage/negative margin technique to get my layouts to center in all common browsers, but you're right! It's still looks the same! I'm going to check safari right now!

Thanks a ton!

YIPPIEEE! It works there too!
    Which actually makes me concerned that I've been coding harder than I've needed to for months now!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm somewhat familiar with that technique, it is only required (in my experience) in really tough cases.
    - John

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1
    I'm somewhat familiar with that technique, it is only required (in my experience) in really tough cases.
    I can't say I know a lot about this but... I'm trying to make this same script work on IE... and it doesn't. It works perfectly at DD's page, obviously, but I must be missing someting on mine... I read the posts above but they didn't really help me lol.
    Here's the page i'm talking about
    http://www.draculusa.com/turfs.html

Think anyone could help me on this?
    Thanks in advance
    Cristina Linha

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The script you are talking about is nowhere to be seen on your page. Neat flash version you have going there though. If you want help trouble shooting cmotion, set one up to the best of your ability somewhere, as a demo, and give us a link to it. BTW, I'm a big Dracula fan, in literature and the cinema. Never looked into any Dracula games or turfs though. Neat stuff.
    - John