Thread: HELP PLS Script page is missing 1 of 4 files it says you need to download - won't run

Thanks

Exclamation HELP PLS Script page is missing 1 of 4 files it says you need to download - won't run

Resolved on my own

FOUND a post from 2010 - the 4th file is called Loading.gif is a spinning wheel icon and you drag and drop the file the nedit the .js file to put correct path in.

1) Script Title:

PHP Photo Album script v2.11

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...photoalbum.htm

3) Describe problem:

The Script page seems to be missing the 4th external file the script references and I cannot get it to run

From the page
    ****************************************************************************
    The above code references 4 external files which you should download below (right click, and select "Save As"):
    getalbumpics.php.txt (remove the .txt extension at the very end when saving it, so it becomes a .php file)
    ddphpalbum.js
    ddphpalbum.css
    (make sure the path to it inside ddphpalbum.js is correct).THIS IS what is missing - you get a spinning circle of death - tried chrome and IE

The file "getalbumpics.php" should be moved into the directory containing the images you wish to display as an album, while the later two files should simply reside in the same directory where the page showing the album is located in. More info on this later.

****************************************************************************
    Here is a snippet from the screen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dynamic drive help.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	6296
    Last edited by ralphising; 06-02-2018 at 06:35 AM. Reason: RESOLVED

Thanks

Could not get script to run and work till I downgraded PHP to 5.3

Sorry I keep posting about this script but I could NOT get script to run till I downgraded my PHP to 5.3 from 7.1

Current script uses ereg(i) function and ereg(i) function was DEPRECATED in PHP 5.3.0, and REMOVED in PHP 7

Current ereg call is in line 23 of the "getalbumpics.php" file

According to what I read - the script should be upgraded or rewriten to one that uses preg_match instead of eregi

$photovar=$_GET['id'];
    if (!eregi("^[a-zA-Z0-9_]+$", $photovar)){
    echo "alert(\"Photo Album ID must contain only letters, numbers, or underscore, and cannot start with a number\")";
    die();