Thread: Does the right click really need to be entirely disabled to protect content?

Thanks

Default Does the right click really need to be entirely disabled to protect content?

Here is just something to consider for those people who think disabling right clicks is a cool way to keep people from stealing your stuff. If they really want it, there are ways to get around this. As for me, my browser uses a right click to bookmark a page or open a link in a new tab to view later. I find it really annoying when this function is disabled. Additionally, I have a Firefox add-on that uses a right click to get rid of unwanted ads on a case-by-case basis, which is made unusable by those scripts. There has to be a better way to protect your content without causing problems for people who use the right mouse click for other things besides saving images.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Though DD has a script for that, antiquated and perhaps not functional in all browsers, we here at the forum generally advise against disabling (anything really) right click for all the reasons you mention and more.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate