Thread: Ajax and forms

Thanks

Question Ajax and forms

Hello! For first I am sorry for my English.
    For second here is my question. Can I send form through ajaxpage and how does it look, if it is possibly? Form method is POST, because form data contents non-English caracters.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks! You are really God!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Haha, glad to hear it
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

I am sorry, but I found some problems with that code...
    For first Opera does not work with document.getElementById(formID).elements It is only on my computer?
    For second data is not sending... in Fierfox javascript console is this message:

uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.send]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: ajax.js :: ajaxpage :: line 46" data: no]

Can you help me?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

See the comment:
    // formID needs to be the ID of your form
    Replace "formID" with the name of your form, in quotes.

Thanks

I understood this, but it does not work in my Opera 8! I tried document.forms[formName] and document.formName and simply formName.elements, but does not work. Is the problem in my browser?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It should work with Opera too.
    PLEASE: Include the URL to your problematic webpage that you want help with.

Thanks

It is only on localhost in the meantime. But I will test it on different computers and on different versions of browsers.
    Thank you for help.