Thread: Having navbar go over BG Carousel

Thanks

Default Having navbar go over BG Carousel

1) Script Title: Background Image Carousel v1.1

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...bgcarousel.htm

3) Describe problem:
    Now that I have it working, I was wondering if this is possible: I have a navbar using CSSMenu. I realize this forum doesn't support third party scripts (it's the free one, btw), and that you prefer not to have two scripts on one page, but I'm hoping this is possible. I wanted to move the BGI Carousel up to the top of the page, or as close as I could get it. As the nav bar is up there, it's now right below it. But it cuts out the drop down choices.

I see how the "optional description" works as a <div>, I used it (with help from here) to add our band logo to the photo slideshow. But I'm guessing any overlay stuff has to be put within the container. Just to see, I tried putting the entire cssmenu script in place of the band logo graphic.

It didn't like that.

So is this possible, or do I just have to reconcile myself to having it further down the page? Or is there some way for the CSSMenu to appear in front of it when it drops down?

The page is here:
    http://hitmanbluesband.com/index_experimental2.html

Again, thanks for your help.

- Russ

Thanks
    Thanked 3,386 Times in 3,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is quite common with slideshows and menus. In the styles.css file, around line 30, add the highlighted:

Code:
    #cssmenu {
      font-family: Montserrat, sans-serif;
      background: #000000;
      z-index: 2000;
    }
    The browser cache may have to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

therealex (07-07-2017)

Thanks

Default Fixed!

Thanks (again) for the reply. I wasn't aware of z-index, but now that I am, it makes perfect sense.

At first, it didn't work because I changed the styles.css file in my CSSmenu directory. After a few checks, I was going to copy it over to the server when I realized I didn't HAVE a CSSmenu directory on the server already.

Ahem. I had put the styles.css file in the root, meaning I changed the wrong file. Once I changed the RIGHT one, it works like a charm.

Once again, you have come up with the answer. If you like blues, I'd be happy to send you a sampler from my band. We're on tour in the UK right now, and if you enjoy modern blues, you may like this.

Regardless, thank you so much for this quick and accurate help!

- Russ

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    This is quite common with slideshows and menus. In the styles.css file, around line 30, add the highlighted:

Code:
    #cssmenu {
      font-family: Montserrat, sans-serif;
      background: #000000;
      z-index: 2000;
    }
    The browser cache may have to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.