Thread: MS Word and Frontpage overwrite Dynamic Drive Script

Thanks

Unhappy MS Word and Frontpage overwrite Dynamic Drive Script

Hi,

Are there some special tags that you can place around java script, so Microsoft Word or FrontPage, know not to delete it??

I have been trying to use some of the scripts posted on Dynamic Drive in web pages developed in Microsoft Word or Microsoft Frontpage. The problem is that EVERY time I make a simple edit in either program. Such as adding a row to a table or image anywhere on the webpage. A portion of the java script gets overwritten. I have to open the html page in note pad, and search for the portion of code that got truncated and add it back. Its makes using the java code, non-productive, since it must always be repaired.

I use Microsoft Word or Front Page for the layout (color, position, fonts, space, links, etc) and I use notepad to update the various options in the Java Script. For some reason the html editors, always seem to overwrite a portion of the code?

Are there some special tags that you can place around java script, so Microsoft Word or FrontPage, know not to delete it??

Thanks in Advance!!!

Thanks

Smile HTMLMarkup tags - Preserve Code

I found a solution at "StoreFront Knowledge Base". It seems to be working. I am not sure if there is a better way? I would welcome any other suggestions.

Thanks!

=============

FrontPage 2000 and 2002 will sometimes automatically reformat the code of the pages they are used to edit. Some users have requested information describing how to curtail this behavior. The purpose of this article is to inform users how the HTMLMarkup tags may be added to the code of a page to prevent FrontPage from making changes to it.

Use an editor besides FrontPage to open the page whose code you which to preserve.

At the beginning of the section of code you which to prevent FrontPage from modifying, add the following line of code:
    <!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan -->
    At the end of the code section, add the following line of code:
    <!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan -->
    Save the changes to the file. The next time the file is opened in FrontPage, FrontPage will not attempt to alter the code between the two HTMLMarkup tags.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I am not sure if there is a better way? I would welcome any other suggestions.
    Don't use either. Word was never meant for designing webpages, and FrontPage is widely regarded as the lowest of the WYSIWYG editors (which is a pretty bad standard anyway).
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!