Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website not correct on ipad or iphone

Thanks

Default Website not correct on ipad or iphone

my site: lotatennis.com works fine on IE11 and Chrome. My wife pulled it up on her ipad and iphone and the blue menu bar was missing 7 tabs.
    Only the first tab "HOME" and the last tab "Tennis Videos" were there.

How can I program my site to look ok on all devices

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's missing because it is replaced with a hamburger menu on smaller screens, tap/click on the icon with the three horizontal bars at the top (right).

Thanks

Thanks for a reply. I don't use an ipad. Don't know what a hamburger menu is.
    I somehow managed to get to the website on my wife's ipad and I don't see the 3 horiz bars. I know what THAT looks like from google maps

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I can see the evidence of the problem in the emulator, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I cannot easily make a mockup because your page uses an AJAX include for the menu contents. I can see one potential issue, though I have no idea if this is the cause. I see two versions of jQuery on the page. That can sometimes cause all sorts of odd problems. Try getting rid of:

Code:
    <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
    That may or may not prevent the slideshow from working, but if it does we can worry about that later. Even if you don't see any changes, leave it like that until I can check it out. Or make a copy of it that way that I can check out. Oddly, on the video page I don't see this problem in the emulator. It also has two versions of jQuery, but the other version is different, older, and comes before the menu on that page. Whereas the one I want to try taking away on the newindex4.htm page is a later version and comes after the one used by the menu.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I took out the 1 script line you told me to. Everything still seems to work correctly.
    BTW, the website is now online at lotatennis.com and the main file is named index.htm.

I just looked at my wife's ipad and the menu is now correct. WOW

Thanks

Viewing on Windows with both Opera (V43) and Firefox (V52), there is a slight problem with your menu. The sub-menu for "All About LOTA" is in front of the slide show but the sub-menus for both "LOTA Recreational Tennis" and "Tournament" are behind the slide show. I think you still have a z-index anomaly somewhere.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by styxlawyer View Post
    Viewing on Windows with both Opera (V43) and Firefox (V52), there is a slight problem with your menu. The sub-menu for "All About LOTA" is in front of the slide show but the sub-menus for both "LOTA Recreational Tennis" and "Tournament" are behind the slide show. I think you still have a z-index anomaly somewhere.
    It's hard to tell, but you're right. I looked at the DOM inspector and the setting in the script for 1001 is just the top z-index. It decrements down from there for each drop down menu item as you go from left to right. So in the script it should be set to like 1100 instead of 1001.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

done. works great. Thanks agaaaaaaaaain

Thanks

Yes, that has fixed it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Another thing I noticed while I was in the console for this page is that http://lotatennis.com/jquery.touchSwipe.min.js is a 404 not found. I sort of hesitate to mention it because it's a bit of a fine point. What it means is that the swipe actions on the slideshow will not work as intended. However, I cannot be certain after the other change we made (dropping the more recent version of jQuery) that including jquery.touchSwipe.min.js will work to reinstate that capability, though it's worth a try. In any case, it's not crucial, but if you decide you don't want it, or if we cannot get those actions working, it would probably be best to remove the line:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.touchSwipe.min.js"></script>
    - John