Thread: ignore certain values

Thanks

Default ignore certain values

Hi

I got another quick question, on the admin side of my clients site, it has got a row that adds up the total amount in pounds of applications made based on the status, for example the top row says amount of In Progress Loans - £AMOUNT and second row says amount of Potential Loans - £AMOUNT

what he has asked if it is possible to change the status from the dropdown in the update php page from Potential to In Progress but in the row that adds up the total amount for Potential Loans to remain the same figure but the status will be changed to In Progress

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Apart from the fact that you appear to have two fields in your table with the identical names, the rest of the message makes no sense at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

You cannot update a PHP page without reloading it. You can use javascript to update values seen on the page and use AJAX to update the data base. But using PHP alone you would have to submit the new value(s) and refresh the page - in plain PHP this is most often done using a form submission.

And, it's still not totally clear to me what you want, but as I'm sure you know, you can manipulate data any way you wish. You just have to process it in a manner that yields the desired results/output format.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Sorry what I was trying to see if was possible was the following

For example a loan application status is Potential and it gets changed to In Progress, the row that adds up all the loan application amounts are for each status

for example row 1 looks like Total Loan Amounts for Potential Status - £1000 and Row 2 looks like Total Loan Amount for In Progress £2000 but if possible when a loan application status is changed from Potential to In Progress, the amount still includes the amount when the status was Potential status