Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: adjusting the dropbox appearance

Thanks

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/la...-frame-layout/

Good morning? It's 4:00am and I just found out this CSS Library. Sort of wish someone would point me to this before. I guess I would need to get nosy in DD website.

Anyway, this worked exactly what I was attempting to do. Now, another issue... while the side menu does show in the left "frame" (is that what it's called?), the spread-out submenu is "behind" the main content (can't see the submenus). Anyone help here?
    Last edited by CNT; 02-24-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by styxlawyer View Post
    Is this what you are looking for?

http://mydesk.myzen.co.uk/ddStuff/sideMenu/
    I tried and couldn't find the code to rid the space between the margin/padding. Seeing that the left side of menubox is spaced away from the very edge of the left side of screen. I want the menubox to be touching the left edge (and show full width 200px, along with fixed left bar, as in one thread above). Am I saying it right? Help here?

Chuck

Thanks

That's because the menu is in the page body and the default margin for the <body> tag in most browsers is 8px. If you want the page body to butt up hard against the left side of the browser window change the <body> tag to this:

Code:
    <body style="margin-left:0;">

Thanks

Code:
    I just did that and it didn't do it? I am using Chrome if that's what it is?

I also tried to widen the width of everything, nothing changes either? I even clear the cache each time too. Wherever the code is "width: 200px", I change it to "208px", nothing changed?

Perhaps I need to study browsers before I could do website development? What happen to Plug-n-Play? LOL

Thanks

Thanks

Code:
    I see it is working for yours. I did exactly like that in the index.php. It's still NOT doing it for mine? I will have to look around the coding... perhaps start over from scratch (copy/paste, test, move to next step, etc).

Code:
    <br style="clear: left" />
    BTW, what is this for (in end of ul/li)?

Thanks

perhaps start over from scratch (copy/paste, test, move to next step, etc)

Code:
    <br style="clear: left" />
    BTW, what is this for (in end of ul/li)?
    I did start scratch and it worked for a while (took few steps and then leave to do errands, then test some more). Without adding the <body style="margin-left:0;">, the text (didn't bother with nav yet) did butt against the left side of browser. Then add one thing, still butt there. Leave again, then test it again, it finally push a gap. So, I clear backwards, it still not change. Clear the cache too, changed the text too, but the gap still not butt again. I guess something is wrong, whether it's cache or browser or code?

Maybe I should go back to top horizontal menubar? this is how I original had in my previous website, but then it push the bar down a little, leaving a white gap on top (and can see text scrolling there too).

Appears to be popular yet is a "3 lines button" and sweep menu, maybe that would be best of all? Some with opacity.

Thanks

If you are having trouble with a page not behaving it's worth running it through the W3C validator:

https://validator.w3.org

You can either test a page over the internet or upload a file directly.

Thanks

Error: Saw <?. Probable cause: Attempt to use an XML processing instruction in HTML. (XML processing instructions are not supported in HTML.)

Code:
    <?php include("navmenu.php"); ?
    That's just the index.php, didn't test other php files.

Thanks

You can't test PHP pages with the W3C validator, you have to serve them to the browser first. If you are running the pages under WAMP, open the local page with your browser through localhost, press <CTRL> + U to view the page source and then save the HTML to a file which you can run through the validator. Otherwise you will have to host the pages on the web when the validator can access them as the HTML which is served to the browser.