Thread: Lightbox image viewer help

Thanks

Default Lightbox image viewer help

Hello, I'm having some troubles with this script:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tbox/index.htm

I've followed the instructions and it is working like 90% efectivly, my problem comes when I click on certain images on my gallery show, but the script wont take effect.

I've tried many things, removing/adding the </a> tag, but still wont work, one thing that I noticed is that if I change the path for another image that works, the script will work, after that I tried resizing the images, changing their names, but still wont work, so I'm kinda lost and desperate on trying to find a solution

My website is:

www.ethelycarlos.com

Finding an example to my problem you can view it here:

http://www.ethelycarlos.com/fotosfya5.htm

If you click on the 2 pictures at the right-top corner, you will see that they wont come up. The images on their actual size exist in the folder/path where the link should go.

Among the 5 pages from that section, I found this problem 8 times.

Thanks in advance,
    El Huevo.

PS. If I explained it a bit confusing, I apollogize, I'm still working in my english

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exact case (UPPER and lower case) matter on the web. This file does not exist:

Code:
    http://www.ethelycarlos.com/fotos/favoritas2/foto88.JPG
    However, this one does:

Code:
    http://www.ethelycarlos.com/fotos/favoritas2/foto88.jpg
    Correct those names in the code or change the case of the filenames on the server to reflect how they are in the code and it will work fine.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Wow, i can't belive that was my error, I really want to thank you for your help John. You were right, after changing it, it did work, thanks a lot!

However I've kinda another small problem, I want to add music to the site, just in the image gallery, now...I know how to add the file and stuff, my question and doubt goes to, if there is a certain way so the same song that will load on page one of the image gallery, can continue playing while the surfers navigates in the other 5 pages? Instead of loading a new song for everytime they click on a new page.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

The only way I know of doing that would be to use a frameset or an iframe. I think in this case an iframe would be best. When your users go to the gallery, have it load a page with the music file playing on it. Also have an iframe on that page. Give that iframe like 98% width and 700px height, a name, and no border:

HTML Code:
    <iframe name="gal_pages" src="1st_gal_page.htm" frameborder="0" width="98%" height="700px"><iframe>
    Wherever you have a link within the gallery to another gallery page, use like:

HTML Code:
    <a href="2nd_gal_page.htm" target="gal_pages">2nd Gallery Page</a>
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I've followed your instructions John and I've been having some problems to accomplish what I intent, even though it's been very helpfull to learn new things, but I guess I'll just stick one song to each page, then figure out how can I do what you suggested, then I'll post it back if I made it in case someone founds it usefull, thanks for your help and time John.

Regards,
    El Huevo