Thread: Site Design Layout Suggestion

Thanks

Default Site Design Layout Suggestion

Moderators NOTE: Please do not edit this post.

So I recently finished developing my company's webpage. I think it came out how I intended it to, and I like it. My only issue is that I feel like the contact form's input boxes are a little too wide. However, if I make it smaller then there will be far too much white space on the section. Hopefully this question is allowed in this subforum, since I'd like to find a way to keep it simple, but not too plain looking. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To see the contact form, go to:

https://websitebeaver.com/#contact

Moderators NOTE: Please do not edit this post.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 11-29-2016 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Removed hyperlink.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's allowed (well in the css sub forum where it more likely belongs. Here where I've moved it from graphics), just please don't post a direct link to your site for feedback on a sub page. Also, a hotlink is inappropriate because search engines might actually post the forum here as the top result for people looking for your page(s), and because relatively new users are not generally allowed to hotlink - it might be for promotional purposes. Other than that stuff, it's fine.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I apologize, had no idea this wasn't allowed. Saw a link button on the input so figured it was ok. Looking for some solutions to this though.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

No big deal, and after you've been around a bit, if you continue being as helpful as you have so far, you can have a sig linking directly to your site, or any of your choice, as long as it's not spam.

As to your question - You either have whitespace/empty space or you have a wide field. It's that simple, unless you want to introduce more content - say an image or a background image. Centering is also an option, makes the whitespace/empty space less jarring. Perhaps that combined with a background image, maybe something that looks like a written letter (to go with the theme of contacting the site, perhaps something that looks like it relates a positive experience using the service). Just some ideas. I would also say that from the look of the site (and just on general principle), you don't want it too crowded, though introducing a background image might not be bad if it's not too busy looking. It does have the advantage of making empty space look less empty, and if chosen wisely can visually emphasize the purpose of the page.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate