Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New: Calendar (event management) freebie for download

Thanks

Thanks for the awesome cal script Beverly.

I just downloaded it and will play around with it soon.

From what I have seen when looking around briefly,it looks rather neat(not cluttered with useless stuff),styled to a minimum (to allow others to address that on their own) and looks like it covers all of what most people
    would look for in this type of script.

Thanks again Beverly
    Thanks,

Bud

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ajfmrf For This Useful Post:

Beverleyh (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No problem. These side-projects do a great job of keeping me out of mischief
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

Thanks

Thanks for the calendar script Beverleyh. The monthly Fast Cal module looks amazing and goes into my website with minimal changes (except to make the weekdays green, possibly, but I like it enough as it is). I love that I can add more details into the tooltip box AND also make a link. That will be real useful for pointing my site users to flyers and concert hall locations where we perform (for my band/music group website).

Thank you also for your 'focus' considerations. As a keyboard user, I hate it when webmasters disable button highlights and outline borders, because they're a familiar and visible aid for cruising the screen when a mouse isn't around

One feature that could be added to your event manager (not that it isn't amazing already) is an iCal export? Cuz I noticed with your Fast Feed script (that I've been using and loving for about a year) it has an RSS file export that updates at every save: an iCal export here, saving changes when events are updated/added, would be a welcome addition.

Thanks for sharing your script. I hope you consider my idea

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bojangles For This Useful Post:

Beverleyh (03-13-2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Great minds think alike. An auto-generated iCal file is on my to-do list right after I get the inline JavaScript events separated out (Yey for event delegation), which I actually already have prepared but it's on another computer so haven't put it in the online release yet
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beverleyh View Post
    Browser borders on focusable elements are an accessibility aid to give a visible indication of position, and shouldn't really be removed. If you want to do it, that's fine and its you're call, but it isn't a practise I can recommend.
    I understand the need for highlighting the element which has focus, I just think the default square boxes are ugly. I've now added a 3px box shadow in your chosen colour (#308ce9) around the elements in question, which looks much cleaner.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, well that's entirely your choice but I would strongly recommend that you leave the browser focus/highlight defaults alone so that keyboard users know what to look for from website to website (consistency). From a user-experience point of view, it is better to work with user expectations than against them.

Thanks

That's really cool. But can the layout color of the calendar be changed?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sergi View Post
    That's really cool. But can the layout color of the calendar be changed?
    Yes, you can change the colours with standard CSS. And if you want to change the HTML output (layout) you can do it in the main functions file.

March 14th UPDATE: Fast Cal now exports events in iCalendar (.ics) format

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Beverleyh For This Useful Post:

Ripsaw (03-19-2016)

Thanks

You've excelled yourself again Beverlyh. Great script. It incorporates everything I need.

I think there's a small error in the CSS on the weekday header gradient. Is a # missing?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Not sure - I'll be back at my desk on Monday so can check the CSS them. Thanks for the heads-up and thanks for the feedback Ripsaw