Thread: Website builders

Thanks

Default Website builders

Hi, guys! I`m a newcomer here and I`m just looking for advice. I hope, you will help me. I want to create my own site, but I’m not a good hand at coding, so I have to choose platform to create my site. What is better to try? A lot of my friends are talking about WordPress. Once I have found this list of website builders http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alex-ivanovs/wysiwyg-website-builders_b_8814882.html in the Internet. They also seem to be not bad, even with some cool features, but I don`t know, is it a good idea to try one of them. I need your help.
    Last edited by Beverleyh; 03-13-2016 at 06:51 PM. Reason: formatting

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Most of the regulars here tend not to use website builders so it's unlikely that we'll be able to give you the advice you're seeking - even if we did, 'what is best' (aside from compliant code generation and standards) is a matter of personal taste. Really, the only person who can make that assessment is you. Try a few out and see what you like.

You mention Wordpress, but that isn't a website builder. It's a content management system. You can build your own templates around it if you're willing to dive in to the code, but otherwise you'd be looking at hunting down pre-made templates (paid or free) that you install as a base, and then you'd look for plugins/addins for sliders, contact forms, galleries and such, that you'd install as extras/features.

These types of general questions tend to attract spam so this thread will be monitored and closed if it looks like it might take that turn.
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

Thanks

When you do a Google search and reviews the ones on the list you will see the pros and cons but it seems like most of them had several cons. A few have monthly charges too.

What will you be making a website for? personal site, business site, a blog, etc?