Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Expand Collapse

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah but, ripsaw wasn't the OP here. Sigh. This is why I often tried, often successfully, when I was very active here, to kick other people out of my threads. What happens to the OP here? Hopefully they will find their answer though in the very admirable work of both Arie and Beverley. Not how I would have gone about it, and each different from each other. But more than two ways it appears to skin this cat.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

That was my fault. Beverleyh's response was to answer me. Apologies for butting in on the discussion but I hope my acceptance of the answer helps highlights it to the original poster.

I was unaware of you thread ownership system, buy I've only been here a month and one of the reasons I find enjoyment in my visits is due to the collaborative discussions. This forum has been a real friendly place and everybody can join in (or so I surmised - may be I got it wrong?). I hope you don't kick me out. I was only voicing my opinion of an awesome solution

Thanks
    Blog Entries

There's no official thread ownership system per se - I think it's more of an unspoken thing where you leave the thread in the hands of the person who replied first, and then others chip in with their suggestions only if it adds to the overall solution. Maybe we allowed this thread to be an open discussion further past what was necessary somewhere on page one. But anyhow, hopefully the OP will reply at some point if they need to
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beverleyh For This Useful Post:

Ripsaw (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Right. We are not strict like some forums are. However - just something to bear in mind. When someone posts a question, they have a reasonable expectation that their question will be addressed and that the thread will not be given over to service another person's question. If you have a question about this script, ideally you would start your own thread about that.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate