Thread: drop down original state

Thanks

Default drop down original state

I have utilised this script > http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate2.htm

but unlike the demo on DD my use of it has the headers expanded as default. How can i set them to be contracted?

Thanks
    my page http://www.urbancreations.co.uk/menu/code/reviews.html

thanks

Thanks

I think there may be a conflict with the style sheet I am using for the text that appears on the expanded text. Does that help find a solution?
    cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are numerous javascript errors on the page, mostly having to do with your rollover/preload scripts. Get rid of those scripts, or fix them first.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

ok, i'll check em out

Thanks

I have removed all images and re imported the DD script, but i still have the same problem that when i navigate back to the page, the text areas are still expanded.

http://www.urbancreations.co.uk/menu/code/reviews.html

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's because you have:

Code:
    var enablepersist="on" //Enable saving state of content structure using session cookies? (on/off)
    var collapseprevious="no" //Collapse previously open content when opening present? (yes/no)
    Set in the configuration (near the top of the script). Use off instead of on, if you prefer they always be closed. Using on remembers their state and returns it onload. And since you seem concerned to have things as closed up as possible, consider setting the green no to yes. This will collapse any open items when a new item is opened.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

cheers for that . That's the job.

The last niggle is that this dropdown function does not work on the last mac issue of IE (5.2). Microsoft are not developing IE for the mac any more so in time this mac browser will die off but i'd still be interested to find out why this page does work in later IE versions and not the earlier?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, the demo page works in my copy of IE5.1 for the PC, so you would need to test if the demo works in IE5.2 Mac. If it does, it is something you have added or removed, otherwise, the script just won't work on IE5.2 Mac. Unfortunately, I have no Mac for testing this.
    - John

Thanks

The page definitely does not work on my copy of mac IE 5.2, yet the original script on the DD site does work on my copy of IE 5.2.

Perhaps my use of style sheets within this dropdown function is causing a conflict on the mac version.