Thread: Observations re: upvoting / thanks

Thanks

Question Observations re: upvoting / thanks

Just an observation that members hardly upvote the help on this forum. True I spend more time in other forums where upvoting is the norm and more the case when that help is used. Makes a guy wonder how long the help will stick around

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I moved your post to its own thread so that it doesn't get mixed in with other comments.

I think it just depends on the person who is thanking (or not-thanking as is often the case). Some forums are a lot more social than this one - although DD is pretty friendly too for a code place - so people elsewhere might vote for the interaction/social aspect. I guess that lots of people coming here are just looking for help to complete a job and so once they have it, they move on, without much thought to niceties.

From the "helper's" perspective though, we have a choice about whether we answer or not, so if heavily one-side patterns emerge, who's to say that help will continue to be given in those circumstances We're all human, and isn't it human nature to favour those who reciprocate?
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beverleyh For This Useful Post:

bojangles (01-22-2016),Ripsaw (01-22-2016)

Thanks

Indeed

Thanks

I would like to express my appreciation of everyone on the forum who takes time out of their day to come here. Both mods who keep the place tidy and calm, and the regulars who bounce ideas around.

Dynamic Drive is an awesome place to visit!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ripsaw For This Useful Post:

Beverleyh (02-07-2016),james438 (02-07-2016)