Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Double slideshow in a table or frames website

Thanks

Pierre,

I think you are making this much more complicated than it needs to be. I have combined all your images into a single image. Then I made a simple page with about 20 lines of JavaScript which works fine. It's very basic but gives you the idea. Just copy the HTML and image files to your own computer and you can try it out. It runs very fast for testing but you can easily see where to change the speed and step size.

See here.

Have fun.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to styxlawyer For This Useful Post:

pierruel (01-06-2016)

Thanks

styxlawyer,
    Thank you for revitalising this thread. I got the code by doing "Look at the source code of the page" and a copy-paste but I don't khow how to get the image you composed.
    You are right when you think that I use to make things complicated but playing music is perhaps not as simple as you think.
    When I play that piece of music (or another one), while I'm "blowing" the notes of one bar, my eyes are already reading the notes of one or two of the folllowing bars. If one view of the piece disappear suddenly to give place to the following, I seem to be falling in a hole because I don't know what I have to "blow" after the last bar of the first imge.
    But it is even more complicated. I needed more than one full A4 page to explain to your colleagues of the paid help forum and you've probably not enough time to read such a long theory.
    Thank you anyhow for the proposal and in advance for the mage; perhaps is it possible to adapt your project to my real needs.
    Best regards
    Pierre

Thanks

Open the page, right click on the image and choose "Save image as". It needs to be in the same directory as the HTML file.

This is a very basic demo, but could easily be improved by adding simple control of the speed and step size.
    Last edited by styxlawyer; 01-06-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beverleyh View Post
    Unfortunately I am only a volunteer here - you see, I am already employed full-time as a website technician by local government, and occasionally freelance around work on personal projects (such as Fast Edit linked in my signature), while also volunteering for a charitable organisation, plus family life on top, so I am unable to commit to anything else. I can only offer sporadic help here when free time permits. The Christmas break from my day-job has allowed me to visit here more often in the last two weeks, but now that work has started again, my time here will become more limited. I'm sorry I cannot offer an ongoing commitment but wish you good luck with your project.
    I have to thank you too Beverlyh. I had no idea that you are a volunteer; You have been so giving of your time and expertise. Your generosity is rare and I feel very blessed to have been helped by you in spite of your busy schedule. I'm also very thankful for your assistance and have continued to find indirect help from several of your recent discussions, this being (another) one of them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No problem. I help because I enjoy being part of this community and I also enjoy my work. This website helped inspire me to make a career move in to web development so I'm just trying to give back
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beverleyh For This Useful Post:

Ripsaw (01-10-2016)

Thanks

Hi Ripsaw,
    I didn't know that you were interested in this thread. I read your last post and regret that my English is so poor. May I make mine your thanking words towards Beverleys, I would like beeing able to write like that myself.
    Je vous suis très reconnaissant de votre assistance et de votre patience, Beverleys, et forme des voeux sincères pour le succès de votre carrière.
    Pierre

Thanks

Good morning Beverleys,
    I would like to mark this thread as solved but I don't see the link or button to do it. Can you tell me. Thank you
    Best regards
    Pierre

Thanks
    Blog Entries

To mark your thread as Resolved, go to the first post within your thread > "Edit" > "Go Advanced" > select "Resolved" against "No Prefix" > "Save".
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

Thanks

I'm absolutely sorry but on and around the first post of this thread I don't see any "Edit" button or menu's item, perhaps because of my poor vision. I clicked on the "Go Advanced" link below this Quick Reply frame but I got to an Advanced Search page. May I ask you to mark this thread Resolved" yourself ? It's not regular but I'm not able to do it myself.
    Thank you
    Pierre

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've marked the thread as Resolved on your behalf.