Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to get the values of checked checkboxes from anywhere on a site?

Thanks

No sure why... my wife's laptop and my laptop all add to favorites on all 3 different browsers we have. OK... I think I am going to redo this whole thing using ajax / php / mysql. It's concerning to me that it's not working in your browsers. Thanks for your help nonetheless!
    Last edited by qwikad.com; 09-11-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Using php or another server side language is better anyway, as localstorage loses all data after clearing the browser's history (1) and only stores data on the browser you'r actually using (2).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I should add this:
    local means what it says: on your computer and in the browser you're using only. That's why I never use it for Internet-purposes.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

MMMMmmm. Just got your PM about this. I think it's possible. Certainly using a site wide cookie/local storage data pin, in conjunction with either site wide PHP and/or javascript code. Up to you how you want to read it. Also, what Arie says is spot on! Unless you use a login and server side profile or similar, the persistence of the data could be fairly easily lost from use to use. If, however, your desire is only to preserve this information during the current browser session, that's pretty easy without any server side code, yet would be enhanced if server side code were available for it. Much depends upon how critical this is. If it's OK if someone decides to, in the middle of viewing the site, to delete cookies and/or local storage, resulting in a total loss of this data for them, then javascript alone can suffice. I can guarantee that won't happen very often, but it will happen sometimes. If even sometimes is unacceptable, you need an all server side solution.

Sorry to be so long getting back to you, been busy/distracted.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate