Thread: Printing from Notepad

Thanks

Unhappy Printing from Notepad

Me again,

Windows 7 Premium system, HP Pavillion desktop (just in case it matters). When I go to print a Notepad document, I get the usual print control box. However, the only option that the box allows me to exercise is to print the entire document. Options to print just the current page, or a selection of pages, are grayed out, and ignored if I try to select them. I never noticed this before this week, but am under the impression that this is a new phenomenon. Has anyone else noticed this, or does anyone else have suggestions?

A.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Not sure - I've never tried to print from Notepad but I'll check from the office tomorrow when I'm hooked up to a printer.

Maybe you could try Notepad++ to see if that gives more print control? https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.7.9.2.html
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

Thanks

It works for me, I'm using a desktop and Windows 7 SP1.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Options to print just the current page, or a selection of pages, are grayed out
    Just checked and same here. I'm thinking that because Notepad isn't a word processor - just a raw/basic text pad - it doesn't recognise 'pages' or margins, etc. (no formatting).
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

Thanks

It's been working fine for me too, until recently. I googled the problem (which I should have done before posting it here--sorry), and found that others have experienced the same problem. It's described, for example, at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-66314369d66d . But they don't give a solution!

A.

Thanks

Your best solution is to use a real text editor like Edit+ rather than Notepad. I've been using it since I had Windoze 3.1 with the same licence transferrring from one computer to the next computer to the next computer ...

Thanks

Tips on how to repair this problem are published on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/handle-is-invalid-when-printing/e79c2802-bf0c-4b06-98c2-7c2299cf3de2.