Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE and Opera problem

Thanks

Default IE and Opera problem

http://www.iankovi.com/newfolder/page.html
    http://www.iankovi.com/newfolder/css.css

In firefox the input field, and the search button line up. In IE and Opera they don't, is there a CSS fix to this?

Thank you!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Try whitespace:nowrap.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

That unfortunately did not work. I have posted in another forum and I have been told that everything already lines up. Can you confirm this? I'm thinking it could just be my cache, though I have cleared and I see the same problem.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No, it doesn't line up on Opera for me. Haven't tried it in IE.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lines up for me in Opera. If you want to be absolutely sure that things line up, use the much maligned table. That's what it is for imop. The problem with form elements in various browsers though is that some browsers allow the user to choose stylings. This can affect height and width, therefore alignment. Also, the different browsers see the baseline and often the height of standard form elements differently. Getting something to line up in every browser is not so important though. Just having things look OK is enough and there will probably always be that user agent, due to its configuration, that will make your design look like crap, as long as the content is legible, even that is not so bad.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

What is the maligned table?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ralitza
    What is the maligned table?
    Just a table. I used that adjective to describe it because, in many circles these days, tables are to be avoided like the plague. It is best to avoid their overuse, especially nesting (the decidedly poor practice of putting one or more tables inside of others) them but, to use one table here or there, without nesting, to line something up that otherwise is refusing to do so, is not a bad thing.

Another use of tables to be avoided is creating large ones filled with many images, this will really slow the loading of a page. Combining that with nesting is the ultimate no, no.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I somewhat fixed it, but now there is a little space in Opera
    Updated:
    http://www.iankovi.com/page.html
    http://www.iankovi.com/css.css

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Still looks fine in my Opera8.52
    - John

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oo-er...

With Opera 8.51:
    Attachment 261