Advanced Search

Thread: Cmotion Script - image scroll problem with IE5+

Thanks

Question Cmotion Script - image scroll problem with IE5+

Cmotion
    <http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/cmotiongallery.htm>

New to webdesign and DHTML, Have been using Cmotion in Safari with no problems, however in IE5.2 (mac) the initial loaded images are not scrolliing, but scrolling of images seems to be happening directly behind in the motion area.

I have tried this running the sample script from DDrive wesite on both browsers with no problem , so it is my coding but I cannot diag the problem

Any assistance would be appreaciated visual sample of problem and code at the following URL

<http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~hwbolton/education/index.html>

Thanks
    Thanked 3,129 Times in 3,095 Posts
    Blog Entries

You'll find a hard time finding anyone around here with a Mac to help with this. Your page ran fine in IE5 PC here but, had problems in Opera8.51. I'm hoping the solution there will help with the solution for IE5.2 Mac. Here's the trouble with Opera, this tag (from your version) has lots of extra stuff that could confuse almost any browser:

HTML Code:
    <div id="motiongallery" style= "color: black; font-size: medium; font-family: serif; text-align: left; visibility: visible; white-space: nowrap; display: block; position: absolute; top: 0; right: 12px; bottom: 12px; left: 0; width: 1px; height: 12px">
    I'd try using the default settings for this tag, especially as what you have makes no difference between that and itself in a browser where it does work. In other words, substitute this for the above:

HTML Code:
    <div id="motiongallery" style="position:absolute;left:0;top:0;white-space: nowrap;">
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thumbs up Mac IE5.2 - simpler code for simpler computer (lol)

Thanks for the tidy and correct code string that now allows Mac IE5.2 to use the Cmotion script.

FYI have also used Opera 6.03 ( mac ) but it ain't scrolling