Advanced Search

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some advise [banner top updated what do you think now?]

Thanks

Cool Need some advise [banner top updated what do you think now?]

I need some advise.

I have been told by some people that they don' care for my black background on my site and would like to know what some of you think?

Also is there a way that I could change the background color using only CSS to make it fade from the black going down the page to a light shade of gray?

Thanks in advance.

www.robinsden.110mb.com
    Last edited by robin9000; 03-03-2009 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Using white text on a black background is never a good idea. Also, it doesn't really fit with your menu colour. Unfortunately you can't use CSS (not even CSS3) to fade out your background.

Another thing I would recommend is that you get rid of the splash page. I don't see any reason for it, it's just annoying.

Also, there are some issues with the footer in IE.

Good luck!
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

ok got rid of the splash page. As for the color of the text what color would you recommend? And do you think the black background is ok or do I need to change it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I can't decide what your design should be so I don't know what background colour you should use, but for the parts that have text, I would recommend black text on white background, or something in that area.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

I don't mind the black. It can be made to work with golden accents. The part that throws me is the green.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Medyman View Post
    I don't mind the black. It can be made to work with golden accents. The part that throws me is the green.
    Thanks for the information. I love hearing what you had to say. I did not think the green was a problem but ok I'll work on changing the green to somthing different. It's nice getting feedback. I'll see what I can do about adding some golden accents. Maybe I'll add that in, instead of the green at the top.

Updated the top of the banner now need to know what you all think of the color change?
    Last edited by robin9000; 03-03-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks

Any idea on how I can put some golden accents in the page?
    Last edited by robin9000; 03-03-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robin9000 View Post
    Any idea on how I can put some golden accents in the page?
    Much better now. There are some things that I would change per my personal design tastes, but at least the design looks cohesive now.

By gold, I meant the orange-ish accent colors that you already have. I wouldn't add more.

Thanks

Much better now. There are some things that I would change per my personal design tastes, but at least the design looks cohesive now.

By gold, I meant the orange-ish accent colors that you already have. I wouldn't add more.
    I am interseted in knowing how you would change it if it were you doing it? I am always interested in hearing what others have to say.

As for the bit of orange that I have used in the banner are you tring to say that I should remove it?

Don't be afraid to speak your mind, I love getting comments, it helps me build a better looking site.

Thanks

I am interseted in knowing how you would change it if it were you doing it? I am always interested in hearing what others have to say.
    Well, it's hard to answer that question without getting into the area of particular aesthetic tastes. Design, after all, is subjective. I personally don't find your design to be that visually appealing. The layout could be more usable and clear. The menu is trite. It all screams amateur to me.

But, by my estimation, you are a hobbyist, so maybe that's an accurate description.

As for the bit of orange that I have used in the banner are you tring to say that I should remove it?
    No, it looks fine.