Thread: AnyLink Drop Down Menu - Making original link work

Thanks

Default AnyLink Drop Down Menu - Making original link work

Hi,

I applied the AnyLink Drop Down Menu script to the links on my page and they work beautifully.

However the original link / pic that i apply this script to does not work. When I mousover, the drop down menus appears, however if i wan to click on first original link that i mouseovered, i can't get it to work.

Can someone pls advise how do i correct this?

Thank you.

Thanks

Anyone can help pls?

Thank you

Thanks

hullo its me again. I've searched and found no answers.

Kindly help pls

Thank you very much.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are at least 3 anylink scripts on DD. At least one has a variable in its configuration that controls that. Others, have an onclick event that can be removed from each individual header link. If you need more help:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format for asking a question.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

At one time I had the same issue. Instead of applying the onMouseOver to the link, try putting it on a containing <td> or <div>. I haven't actually had this problem. The Anylink Script I'm using has been fairly heavily modified. Do you have any code you can post?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your replies.

I am using Anylink Dropdown Menu

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

I apply it to my html like this:

Code:
    <a href="news/" class="nav_menu" onclick="return clickreturnvalue()" onmouseover="dropdownmenu(this, event, menu1, '120px')" onmouseout="delayhidemenu()" >News</a>
    Menu works but not the News link. User cannot click on link to enter page.

Apologies and thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is the type I referred to when I said, "Others, have an onclick event that can be removed from each individual header link":

Code:
    <a href="news/" class="nav_menu" onclick="return clickreturnvalue()" onmouseover="dropdownmenu(this, event, menu1, '120px')" onmouseout="delayhidemenu()" >News</a>
    Assuming that href="news/" is a valid link on your site, just remove the red part.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1
    That is the type I referred to when I said, "Others, have an onclick event that can be removed from each individual header link":

Code:
    Assuming that href="news/" is a valid link on your site, just remove the red part.

Thank you very much jscheuer1. Will post within guidelines in future.

Thank you again