Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with iframes positioned beneath slideshow.

Thanks

Default Help with iframes positioned beneath slideshow.

I need 2 iframes that are sitting side by side to be beneath my slideshow header but I can't seem to manage it.

My home page shows where the z-index is working with the static header image.

The test page shows where the same z-index is not working with the slideshow.

Any help is greatly appreciated please.

Thanks

try something like

<iframe id="frame1" name="frame1" src="social.html" style="float:left; margin-top:-20px;"...

Thanks

I use an external css file so how will that coding look in the css file?

Thanks

You can do it with an inline style by adding to what you currently have margin-top:-20px;

Thanks

Yes I understand that, I just like a clean html page and the ability to change all pages via the css file . Before I posted here, this is what I have in my css file for the 2 iframes:

#frame1 { width:330px; height:680px; z-index:0; position:absolute; top:242px; float:left; overflow:auto; border:none; }
    #frame2 { width:970px; height:680px; z-index:0; position:relative; top:0px; float:left; overflow:auto; border:none; }

If I remember rightly, they are the same in both the site's active css file and in the test css file. As you can see I don't want any conflict.

Thanks

You can just add the negative margin to your css file then.

Or...
    You could make the css match the page that works...this is the code from the page that works and the top:221px is different from the other css
    Code:
    #frame1 { width:330px; height:680px; z-index:0; position:absolute; top:221px; float:left; overflow:auto; border:none; }
    #frame2 { width:670px; height:680px; z-index:0; position:relative; top:101px; float:left; overflow:auto; border:none; }
    You have top:242px; in the css file that doesn't work.

Thanks

As for the top... yeah I know. For some reason I just can't get frame2 to line up correctly in the test directory. I would have thought that the top positioning for frame2 would be the same as frame1 but it ended up lower. After changing frame2 from 221 to 101 it aligned. But in the test, it doesn't want to no matter what I have it set to. But I haven't tried the negative positioning so I'll try that.

Ahhh... I finally see what you mean. Yeah, after adding in the slideshow, I had to adjust the top positioning to get it right. Now it's just getting the frames to sit underneath the slideshow that I need to achieve .

I'll give your suggestion a try since, so far, nothing is working. I'll post my results later

Thanks

Okay, test directory has been updated. Thank you so much for helping me get frame2 in line with frame1.

Now, I just need help in having the slideshow sit on top of the overlapping iframes instead of under it. Any suggestions?

I did respond to your post above but it didn't post for some reason. Anyway... Yes, the top positioning turned out different after I added the slideshow. I forgot about that, sorry. And now, with the update to the test directory, they are different again.

Thanks

Moderator's note: we have an automated spam filter that does a good job keeping the forum protected from spam-- but once in a while it catches a legitimate message. In that case one of us will approve it as soon as we see it.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Thanks djr33. Being new here, it's taking me a bit to work out how all that is working when I post