Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using Anchors with OmniSlide Menu

Thanks

Default Using Anchors with OmniSlide Menu

1) Script Title: OmniSlide Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...lide/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I am interested in using Omnislide Menu with anchors as a page navigation system. Will someone please help me with the code? Thanks. Ted.

Thanks

I am interested in positioning the menu at the Top of the page.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What are you having problems with? Have you downloaded the demo files and edited/tested them?

If you'd like help, please explain what exactly you are having issues with, and also provide a link to your page so we can check it out.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beverleyh View Post
    What are you having problems with? Have you downloaded the demo files and edited/tested them?

If you'd like help, please explain what exactly you are having issues with, and also provide a link to your page so we can check it out.
    I've tried to install the full demo on the website. I haven't gotten it to function yet. The site is built on Homestead.com. http://wWw.MyKeytotheCityTulsa.com - Homestead supports HTML & JavaScript. I've stored the file mmenu.js in the root directory. I've cut and pasted the full menuitems.js text in to Homestead's HTML content field. I was trying to duplicate the demo so I'd have a start on making it work. I'm trying to understand how menuitems.js calls the mmenu.js file. Having said that, my main goal is to use the Top of Page OmniSlide menu configuration, with page anchors so people can navigate the page categories.

Thanks

I've used a drop down listbox to open a new window with direction towards a specific anchor link. I seek to have OmniSlide Menu as a way to guide the user directly to specific categories on the page. The link within OmniSlide might look like this per category with varying anchor link numbers: http://hstrial-tedocitycom.homestead...tml#anchor_174 Will you please inform me as to how to cause OmniSlide Menu stay on one page, I.E. - to go to the link on the original page. Thanks. Ted.

Thanks

I can use some help with the instructions on how to implement the code. The OmniSlide Menu instructions are quite vague. Please help.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Download and unzip the demo file. The top menu is menu[2] in the menuItems.js file. Using a text only editor like NotePad, remove the other 2 menus and edit the remaining one (menu[2]) as required for your site. While editing the menu's properties use the comments in the file as a guide and/or consult the included properties.htm file for more definitions. When editing the links for menu[2], the target is the third field, ex:

Code:
    ["Lois Images", "http://www.loisimages.com", "_new"],
    If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

How do I cause the code to function? Implementation? I've saved mmenu.js to the root directory of my Homestead accnt.. How does the MenuItems.js script call for the mmenu.js file?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

It doesn't. It uses it. Both are associated with the page using external script tags (from demo.htm):

Code:
    <script src="mmenu.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="menuItems.js" type="text/javascript">

/***********************************************
    * Omni Slide Menu script -  John Davenport Scheuer: http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/
    * very freely adapted from Dynamic-FX Slide-In Menu (v 6.5) script- by maXimus
    * This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
    * Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full original source code
    ***********************************************/

</script>
    The easiest way to understand it is to unzip the omnislide.zip to its own folder and load up demo.htm in the browser. Then you can edit it (demo.htm) and menuItems.js as needed.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

Tedah3143 (05-23-2014)

Thanks

Thanks. I got it to function on test page: http://hstrial-tedocitycom.homestead...roll-Test.html