Thread: New to website design can any1 help w tips/tricks & Also need help adding nearby app

Thanks

Default New to website design can any1 help w tips/tricks & Also need help adding nearby app

Hey everyone i am having a couple problems and can't figure it out for the life of me. Have tried to good and youtube like every possible related thing and nothing comes up. Well not for what i am looking for but maybe i am not saying the right words.

Basically i remember going on a website and they had a little search box to type in you're zip code and it would pop up with a map with all stores, restaurants, gas stations etc. And i really wanted to get a "whats near me" app thing on my website so bad it would be amazing if i could.

Also i was wondering if there was a way to make a nice food menu to add to the website and how would i go about doing it ? I see on some websites you can scroll down and they look amazing. If i just took a picture of my and uploaded it just would look the same you know :/

If anyone could help me figuring out the Whats nearby thing though i would really appreciate it because i can't figure it out and its driving me crazy !!! And also i am pretty new to this website stuff and right now i am just using the Wordpress engine thing to make my website so if anyone knows any awesome things or tricks and tips that could help me add some really cool stuff to my website i would be super happy lol. Thanks for reading and hope someone can help me !!! lol

Thanks
    Thanked 3,187 Times in 3,151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mod's note:
    This type of generic, open-ended question does not usually generate good discussions, either because there is no clear answer or the answers are too broad or subjective. It would probably be more productive for you to do some research (Google is your friend!), and then come back here and start a new thread if you find a specific question to ask.

Because this type of discussion is often unproductive and may attract spam, this thread will be closed and may be deleted later.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BeachScene View Post
    i really wanted to get a "whats near me" app thing on my website so bad it would be amazing if i could.
    You're looking for the Google Maps API.

For the other stuff, like John said, it's really unclear what you are asking.
    If you have specific questions, that you can explain in not-vague terms, please feel welcome to start a new thread and ask them.